Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Love Like This


I traveled alone in NYC for about 10 days. Sometimes, I was with others whom I had met in the hostel or during the trip. However, just for a day, I wanted to walk along the Hudson River with just with a camera.

I walked from the Battery Park, near my hostel, northwards along the river. I felt more at leisure and comfort than when I had previously walked along the Han River in Seoul. There were people walking dogs, jogging stripped to the waist, having a meal at the outdoor restaurants, and so on, so I never felt loneliness when I walked along the Hudson River.

Whilst I walked in that mood, I caught an old couple clinging to each other tightly on the bench and staring at the sunset. This couple made me think that I want to get married soon, and that I wanted to talk about love with my future wife when we got old. While I was falling for this old couple’s charms, they got up from their seat and they walked hand in hand towards the path I had come.

If I could have this kind of love I would be so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment