Saturday, August 24, 2013

Treasure Hunt in Books


Winter 2008, my friend suggested that I work for an online, used book, bookstore where I was to find and send out books if I've got an online order. It felt like I was playing a treasurehunt game, where I found the books amongst many disordered books covered with dust. A few minutes later, I wished the time would move faster. It was really cold since the heater was terrible.

These days there are many clean, used book, bookstores in Korea. However, there are lots of books that I can't see in the recent used book bookstores compared to in the bookstore I used to work at. Normally, the price of used books is cheaper than new ones. Sometimes, however, the price of used books increases if it is valuable. Many of these were in the bookstore, and many people wanted to buy these books at high prices.

Occasionally, I came upon a book I had read when I was little. I was so happy to see that book again. So, I skimmed through the book for a while.

I really wanted to brush off the dust and arrange the books, but I gave up since there were so many books in the store. Actually, I quit the job in the end because the owner experienced some health problems.

Sometimes, I miss the time that I worked at the bookstore. Hope the books get to meet a new nice reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment