Wednesday, August 28, 2013

종로 굴보쌈 Jongno Gul-bossam

A bossam restaurant near Jongno-3ga station


Bossam - Boiled pork eaten with a salty sauce and bossam kimchi wrapped in greens



I went to a bossam restaurant located in Bossam golmok (street). All the places on the street sell bossam, but kinds of banchans (side-dishes) and taste are different. Actually, there is a most famous restaurant there, but I decided to get into the first restaurant of the street.



Menu is here. Menu's Korean name is Chalimpyo 차림표, but it is okay if you call it as menu. My friend who treated me ordered 굴보쌈 Gul-bossam which is a main food of the restaurants on the street. Gul-bossam is added gul on bossam plate. Gul is oyster in Korean.

There are Chinese characters next to the price. They mean large-medium-small from the top. Usually, it was enough medium size for 3 people.



This is 감자탕 Gamja-tang which is Pork-on-the-Bone Soup according to Korean-English dictionary. Koreans usually eat this food as a hangover food. In this restaurant, it is a basic served food.



There are basic banchans in this restaurant. The taste of them are so-so for me. However...



This food was awesome! It is 오징어볶음 Ojing-a Bokkeum which is stir-fried squid. It wasn't so spicy but sweet. It was so good for me. So, I ate twice. Again, getting more food is free for some food especially, for basic banchans in Korea.



There is a gul-bossam for 3 people. It was my first time to eat this food because I had eatten bossam without gul till that time. It was little fishy, but it wan't too bad. 



The main menu of the restaurant is Gul-bossam, but the best one is Ojing-a Bokkeum (stir-fried squid) for me. However, it was nice challenge. 


Subway. Jongno-3ga Station line #1, Exit 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment