Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Paper Rose


There are many ways to make paper rose, but I learnt the hardest method.  Making lines by folding and unfolding a piece of paper dozens of times repeatedly, and then making the paper rose with these lines. The reason why I started to make this paper rose is not because of my girlfriend. I leant how to make a paper rose during the military service. One of my predecessors let me make the paper rose for his girlfriend. It wasn’t so good at first, but it was fun to make. Whenever I did night duty, I spent time with it.

Making paper roses became useful when I went to Myanmar as a volunteering activity. Since we couldn’t predict the local situation, the plans we made went up in smoke. So, I tried to teach students how to make the paper rose. They showed interest in it, so we had survived the worst situation. I gave the students paper roses whenever I made them during my spare time, but I don’t know if they've kept them.

If one day I have a girlfriend who really loves me, I hope to make it as a bouquet of roses for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment