Saturday, September 7, 2013

고기국수 Gogi-guksu

Gogi-guksu which is the pork noodle from Jeju near Korea University station



There is a restaurant just in front of Korea University front gate. The name of this restaurant is 고기국수 Gogi-guksu which is the pork noodle. Since there is 1호점 (first branch?), I thought that it is a sort of chain store. However, it is the only one restaurant so far.



Gogi-guksu came from Jeju. The owner brought it from Jeju to here. When I first saw him, I thought that he is a part-timer. However, he is an owner of this restaurant and a student of Korea University at the same time.



I was with my friend there. He still uses film camera.



There is a menu for meals. All the foods are less than 5,000 KRW. It is relatively cheaper than other places. I think the owner knows the students' financial problems since he is a student too.

Main menus of this restaurant are 고기국수 Gogi-guksu and 비빔고기국수 Bibim gogi-guksu.



This is Gogi-guksu. The soup based meat broth from port, and the boiled port on the noodle.



Bibim Gogi-guksu is spicy pork noodle. I can chose the level of spicy from 1 to 3. I prefer to eat with level 1 or 2. It is not that spicy but little sugary, so I like it too much.



There is an announcement about the quantity of noodle. Since many customers said that there were too much noodle on the bowl, so the owner of this restaurant decided to reduced the amount of noodle's quantity. But I can ask to give more if I want. Additional noodle served free of charge. Rice as well.

I am sure, many of people don't need to say that. Although they reduced the amount of noodle, it is still enough for a man. Sometimes, I couldn't finish it.



And there is a way how to I eat this guksu more delicious. Eat like this, kimchi, port, and noodle at once.


Address. 137-426, Jegi-dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea. 서울특별시 동대문구 제기동 137-426
Phone. 82-70-8699-9360, 070-8699-9360
Subway. Korea Univ. station line #6, Exit 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment