Sunday, September 8, 2013

[Seoul] 용산전자상가 벼룩시장 Flea Market at Yongsan Electronic Shopping Center


I went to Yongsan Electronic Shopping Center to buy computer for my friend. When I was little, I played ‘Rainbow Six’ which is a kind of FPS game. Since its background is Korea, I visited Yongsan very much in cyberspace. Until finished the military service, I had never visited there. Finally, I was there to buy a laptop for the first time 5 years ago. However, I’ve never had a chance to look around Yongsan because I picked up my laptop whenever I visited there.

I didn’t look around at this time as well since I had a clear object; buying a computer. However, there was a flea market just in front of the gate of Seon-in shopping district where I wanted to go. There are more flea markets somewhere, but I didn’t know where it was. (There are a lot of things related to electronic in the shopping center not only computer but also lighting.





Only permitted sellers can get a spot at the flea market. And they sell used or be carried forward computer parts. But it wasn’t that cheap compared to interior shops. I think it is better to shop in the building because of the air conditioner.








They did cast lots for location of booth. Somehow, it is easier to gather the customers near subway station. So, they do not give the spots as sellers like.




I don’t know about the price since I’ve never used desk top since I graduated high school. When I was a middle school student, I might pay about 2 million KRW, but it is less than quarter now. 




I took this picture in the building. Used 24 inch LED screen is only 110 thousand KRW (about 110 US dollar). Many of them came from PC Bang a kind of internet café for high quality of computer game or charged online game.



Just in front of the market, there is a street food peddling. So, I drank a cup of cool soda. Later, I realized that there was Sikhye 식혜 (rice-punch). I should have asked to them about it. If I visit Yongsan Electronic Shopping Center again. I hope to look around more.

No comments:

Post a Comment