Sunday, September 8, 2013

[Boston] Boston Duck Tours



Dukw which used during World War II, was remodeled into the Boston Duck Tours. It is possible to do this tour in many other countries. Although it is little expensive, it is worth trying.





I went to Museum of Science with making a lot of efforts. I had to have a bored time there since I had some time to leave the tour. Of course I could spend time with looking around the museum, but I didn’t want to pay for it. Moreover it was rainy day, so I just stayed at the waiting room quietly. 

Two days later, I got the information that there is Prudential Center near my guest house. And there is a departure point inside of the building with shopping malls.


It is the DUCK that I got on. Fortunately, the rain was almost stopped when the DUCK left.



There were not too many passengers here because of the rain.



He is a driver and tour guide at the same time. He explained all the things about Boston with jokes. But I couldn’t understand what he said because my English ability wasn’t very good. I just made smile whenever other passengers laugh. (Still my English is not good, so I made this blog for my English ability.)



There wasn’t any transform when it got in to the river. I thought that it would be better if there were no windows here.



When we were in the middle of wide part of river, he gave a permission to drive this DUCK. I think he wanted to take a rest for a while.



I was there alone without any friends or interpreter, I volunteer for driving it. Even I asked him to take a picture for me.



Actually, I just held the handle. I didn’t need to put down an accelerator or a break. I realized that he let me drive this boat since there is nothing to do now.



After I finished the driving, I got this sticker from the driver. “I drove a duck!” Yes, I did, it is a piece of cake though. I don’t know where this sticker is now.

Whenever I visited strange city, I usually use this kinds of tour services to look around the city once. It is only possible when I have enough money of course. Through this tour, I can get a tour plan where I go.

For me, it was too long sitting on the boat with English explanation without interpretation or subtitles. I should have used shortest one.




No comments:

Post a Comment